smart technology empowers Chongqing Liangjiang
New Area to lead innovative development
Chongqing, Liangjiang New Area is developing quickly into a smart city. In recent years, smart factors such as digitalization, green growth and low carbon in industrial fields, including automobiles, electronic information, biomedicine and equipment manufacturing have been introduced. Intelligent manufacturing has become the foundation of industrial development in Liangjiang New Area.
As examples in Liangjiang, it takes 17 minutes to produce an excavator and, 18 hours to produce a car. Intelligent innovation of big data not only brings about the optimization of production quality, efficiency and cost, but also drive industrial chains and clusters to upgrade simultaneously.
Chongqing Liangjiang New Area has 79 digital workshops, 22 intelligent factories and 337 intelligent transformation projects. The output value of the high-tech manufacturing industry increased by 21.8 percent last year. Data showed that in the first half of this year, the output of new energy vehicles in Liangjiang New Area reached 69,000 units, the uptake of intelligent network connections reached 35 percent, and the output of the electronic information industry totalled US$15.75 billion.
This new development area has attracted more than 8,000 digital market players, 608 high tech enterprises and more than 260 specialised businesses with 49 international universities|institutes – all driving digital strategy for the New Area.
Investment has been made and the New Area promotes smart governance, smart education, smart medical care and smart transportation evoking a smart city. In Liangjiang with face recognition technology, it takes just 3 seconds to enter the community. Walking in the public leisure area, one can connect to the community Bluetooth stereo to listen to music. With a smart app, one can quickly contact property management personnel to address daily issues. Introduction of widespread intelligent big data apps has created high-quality lifestyle.
A total of 70 business projects were signed with an approx US $30.5 billion investment contract value at the recent Smart China Expo (SCE) 2022 Key Projects Signing Ceremony at the end of August (held online in Chongqing). The theme of the expo “Smart Technology: Empowering Economy, Enriching Life” gathered industrial leaders locally and abroad to sign a series of major cooperation projects focusing on key areas such as big data and smart technology which included:
- 54 projects with an investment contract value of more than US$6.9 billion) adding new impetus to the building of a “Smart Manufacturing Powerhouse”
- 18 projects, focusing on boosting the parts and components industry, were signed with a contract investment value of approx US$11.98 billion, improving and strengthening the industrial chain.
- 14 projects attracting a total contract investment of approx US$4.7 billion from investors of well-known enterprises such as Kingdee, and Perfect World, contributing to the acceleration of industrial mass.
- to boost smart manufacturing of the electronics and equipment industries,13 projects were signed with a total contract investment value of US$3.2 billion, including a 6-inch IGBT wafer production line, an 8-inch wafer fabrication method, and the Chongqing Institute of Carbon-based Integrated Circuits of Peking University.
- A total of 6 projects worth US$2.8 billion were signed to advance the biomedicine industry, including the R&D and industrialization of antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) and, industrial application of boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT), nuclear medicine and health technology, and a new micro-dose medical CBS-CT machine production line.
In addition, a group of projects was signed on new energy, new material, private equity, and other industries.
Chongqing Municipal Bureau of Investment Promotion and Facilitation will maintain a log management system to follow up with these projects and exercise special supervision and inspection over all projects signed at SCE 2022, according to a person in charge of the bureau. All efforts will be made to facilitate early implementation of these projects.
Chongqing Liangjiang New Area is being promoted heavily as the new smart city in China.
Source:The Publicity Department of Chongqing Liangjiang New Area; iChongqing including pic