Shunde, China to build ten ultra-large modern thematic industrial parks
Shunde, a district of Foshan city in China’s Guangdong province, released the construction plan for ten ultra-large modern thematic industrial parks.According to the Information Office of the People’s Government of Shunde District, the total area of these ten industrial parks exceeds 32,000 mu (2133.33 hectares), each covering an area of over 1,000 mu (66.67 hectares) with a clear guiding principle of “one town with one thematic industry.” These parks are intended to be built as an enabler for high-quality development in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
Since 2018, upgrading the village-level industrial parks has been the top priority of the party committee and government of Shunde district. After two years a total of 2626.2 hectares of land has been consolidated and 282.2 hectares turned into reclaimed and afforested areas, 11.45 million square metres of new factories built and 7,944 older, unstable companies closed.
Shunde, with this global release of industrial planning for the ten ultra-large thematic industrial parks, aims to accelerate the construction of the parks in accordance with the new development philosophy, under the principles of setting planning and construction standards, industry theme directions, enterprise access standards and favorable supporting policies.
The ten major industrial parks are:
- Shunde (Daliang) Electronic Information Industrial Park,
- (Ronggui) Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Chip Industrial Park,
- (Lunjiao) Intelligent Equipment Smart Home Industrial Park,
- (Leliu) Smart Home Industrial Park,
- (Chencun) Intelligent Equipment Industrial Park,
- (Beijiao) Robot Town Industrial Park (Phase I),
- (Lecong) Biomedical Industrial Park,
- (Longjiang) Digital Equipment Park,
- (Xingtan) New Material & Smart Home Industrial Park,
- (Jun’an) Electronic Communication Equipment Industrial Park.
Shunde has introduced a package of supporting policies, which are nationally competitive, covering the entire process of project implementation. Among them, the most important investment projects in the modern industrial parks will be granted a maximum of 30% subsidy for fixed asset investment; for the strategic emerging industry projects settled in the parks, a maximum of 30% subsidies for R&D investment can be granted for three consecutive years.
It’s estimated that the district and township levels will invest more than 4 billion yuan in fund support in the next three years.