BIOHK2023 – September 13-16 in Hong Kong
The BIOHK2023 conference is happening again this year and organised by the Hong Kong Biotechnology Organization [HKBIO]. It will be held from September 13-16 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. The conference aims to provide a forum for in-depth discussion of research results and future developments in biotech. Leaders, scientists, investors, and entrepreneurs from various fields will gather to discuss research results, professional development, and innovative thinking on a wide range of topics in bilingual and trilingual interactive sessions, panel discussions, and podium presentations.
Policy shaping biotech in Hong Kong and the GBA
There will be in-depth discussion on the policy shaping biotech in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area including:
- The promotion of the “from 1 to N” transformation of R&D outcomes and industry development to incentivise collaboration.
- $10 billion Research, Academic and Industry Sectors One-plus Scheme in 2023 by the ITC to fund university research teams.
- The HSITP Lok Ma Chau Loop and its future importance to the GBA.
- The strategic technology industries backed by the government.
- I&T Talent schemes to develop an international talent hub.
Attendees will be able to understand how to leverage Hong Kong’s advantages as an international city and it’s future importance to strengthening the role as a bridge connecting the Mainland and the world.
|The One2One program will help attendees to identify and connect with prospective partners such as investors, analysts and to partner with companies for future collaborations.|
Pitch your corporate products or academic research in front of an audience of distinguished academics, international scientists, and investors – all under one roof addressing a wide range of topics in biotech inclusive of the latest cancer treatments and diagnostics, infectious diseases, and chinese medicine.
HKEX workshop at BIOHK2023
There will be a workshop from The Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) – a leading global financial market operator and the sole stock exchange in Hong where you can:
- understand the investor landscape in Hong Kong.
- learn the opportunities and challenges of listing on HKEX.
- regulatory hurdles to navigate and investor expectations to meet.
- listing requirements and procedures
- network with other key industry players and potential investors
Sir Jonathan Symonds
There will be a roundtable discussion featuring Sir Jonathan Symonds on the Hong Kong biotech investment landscape. The discussion will include:
- Why the scale of biotech fundraising in Hong Kong is the second largest in the world and what does the future hold?
- A new listing regime for innovative technology enterprises with high growth potential that seek to list on the Hong Kong stock exchange.
- The use of the $30 billion Co-Investment Fund and the $5 billion Strategic Tech Fund to attract key technology enterprises.
- Business friendly tax rates that propel the free and open economy as a gateway to the vast china market and the GBA.
InnovationHongKong is proud to be supporting this major biotech event in its second year in Hong Kong and members of InnovatorsClubAsia can enjoy a special 20% discount to the event. Specific instructions were advised in the monthly newsletter with details how to register for this. For any queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overseas attendees will have a selection of special treats they can enjoy courtesy of the Hong Kong Tourism Board. Visit the ‘Hong Kong Goodies” Free Offers Counter at Hall 3FG , HKCEC during the event period at the BIOHK2023 convention to get a Hong Kong Goodies Offer Card and register.
For general registration please go here: